The thermostat is in the housing, which on the injection and carburetor engine installed in different places. On the carburettor engine it is screwed to the water pump, and is shown in the illustration is the fulfillment. All engines have a cover of the thermostat, which is connected to a water hose.
The individual elements of the module thermostat on the carburettor engine
| || 1 - thermostat housing |
2 - Thermostat
3 - water inlet fitting
4 - Plug and temperature switch
5 - a bolt of 6.5 - 8.5 N ??? m
6 - water pump
It should be remembered that the thermostat has an air hole or a small pin which must be located on the upper side.
The thermostat can be checked by hanging it on a wire in a container with cold water, as shown in the illustration below.
| || Check thermostat. Suspend the thermostat and a thermometer in this manner in the container and to heat water. |
Make sure the thermostat is not touched bottom and sides of the vessel.
- Put the thermometer into the water. Gradually heat the water and notice at what temperature the thermostat starts to open. This should occur at 76.5 ?° C. At a temperature of 90 ?° C, the thermostat should be fully open.
- When the thermostat take it in hand and determine where the vent hole or pin. The hole or pin should be on. Thermostats can also be indicated by an arrow and the word "TOP". The arrow should point upwards.
- Clean all sealing surfaces of the remnants of the old sealing strip and apply a sealant thickness of 2 - 3 mm. This applies to the lid and, when removed, to the body.
- Again screw the housing or the housing cover.
- Correct the coolant level and check for leaks.