Service air conditioning systems
Discharge the air conditioning system or replacement of the refrigerant R -134 a should be carried out by qualified personnel, licensed and only use approved equipment.
The internal components of the cooling system are in chemical stability so long as a clean, no moisture, the refrigerant and lubricating oil. A small amount of dirt, moisture and oil can disrupt the wet chemical system stability and performance or damage the air conditioning system.
- Liquid refrigerant R -134 a very easy to evaporate from the intense heat absorption. Hit it on the skin can result in frostbite, so when working with refrigerant Wear protective gloves.
- As a standard measure of protection when working with the refrigerant is necessary to use eye protection. After contact with the refrigerant in the clothing or safety equipment immediately wash the affected area with plenty of water.
- R -134 liquid refrigerant to be stored in a sealed container at a temperature of not more than 52 ?° C (126 ?° F).
- To check the tightness of the air conditioning system uses a pointer leak. Keep in mind that the R -134 a, after contact with the flame pointer leak forms a poisonous gas phosgene.
- For lubrication systems and components, use only the recommended lubricant R -134 a. If you use other lubricants other than those recommended may damage the system.
- Grease PAG absorbs moisture from the air, so it is necessary to observe the following precautions:
- Separation of components in the air-conditioning system to immediately close the connection corresponding caps to eliminate the ingress of moisture into the system;
- new installations air conditioning systems remove their protective cover just before installation;
- connect pipes and hoses, air conditioning system as quickly as possible to reduce the ingress of moisture into the system;
- Use lubrication for the air conditioning system only from the sealed container.
- If an accidental discharge of the air conditioning system before servicing the system, ventilate the work area.
Location of the air conditioning system on the vehicle