Oil filters are used to clean the oil from the solids. They should be replaced by or in accordance with the recommendations in the owner's manual or whenever the execution of the repair and maintenance of the engine.
VR6 engine oil filter is different from the commonly used oil filters. It collapsible composed of filter housing and a removable filter element disposed within the housing. Service oil filter in the following order:
Fig. 173. Details of the engine oil filter VR6: 1 - a bolt, 25 Nm; 2 - the base of the filter; 3 - oil temperature gauge; 4 - oil pressure switch; 5 - installation and always to replace; 6 - O-shaped sealing ring; 7 - filter element; 8 - the filter housing; 9 - a sealing ring; 10 - bolt 15 Nm
- Substitute for a car, and it was under the oil filter, tank, unscrew the bolt 10 (Fig. 173)
in the bottom surface of the filter and remove the O-ring 9, which is always replaced with the new in the assembly. Allow the oil to drain;
Fig. 174. A special key for removal of the oil filter
- Remove the casing 8 and remove the filter element 7 (see. Fig. 173);
- Wash with gasoline inside surface of the filter body;
- Insert a new O-ring 9 in the groove of the filter and set the filter housing with the inserted filter element 7 and tighten the oil filter housing;
- Tighten the bolt 10 in the bottom surface of the filter housing with a new O-ring and tighten to 15 N ?· m;
- If the shot is only the oil filter, then add at least 0.5 liters of engine oil;
- If you want to replace the engine oil and yet, the total quantity of oil should be 5.5 liters;
- After starting the engine check the oil level and if necessary, add oil to the engine;
- Start the engine and after a while, check the oil level (top up if necessary), and there are no oil spills;
- If you record a double gasket 5 (see. Fig. 173)
(before removing remember its location), the gasket should always be replaced by a new one;
- The mounting bolts of the filter are tightened to 25 Nm.
The two-liter engine
The oil filter should be replaced or in accordance with the recommendations in the owner's manual or whenever the execution of the repair and maintenance of the engine. When removing the filter, use a wrench to remove the oil filter (see. Fig. 174)
with a screwdriver or a punch on the side of the filter body and its acting as a lever, remove the filter (must still be replaced by a new one).
Fig. 166. Lubrication System 2.0-liter engine: 1 - installation and replace it with a new one; 2 - oil filler cap; 3 - the dipstick to check the oil level; 4 - guide tube probe to check the oil level; 5 - the oil pressure switch to 25 kPa; 6 - oil pressure switch 180 kPa; 7 - return valve 5 Nm; 8 - the plug; 9 - nut 25 Nm; 10 - the base of the oil filter; 11 - O-shaped sealing ring is always substitution; 12 - oil cooler; 13 - the oil filter; 14 - a gear wheel of the oil pump; 15 - a cover of the oil pump with pressure relief valve; 16 - bolt 10 Nm; 17 - bolt 20 Nm; 18 - a bolt of fastening of the oil sump; 19 - O-ring, replace; 20 - the plug to drain the oil; 21 - oil pan; 22 - installation and replace it with a new one; 23 - oil receiver; 24 - the oil guide plate; 25 - installation and replace it with a new
Fig. 175. The view of the filter on the inside. The safety valve is located on the left side
If the motor is removed from the base 10 (see. Fig. 166)
of the filter, then the assembly should establish a new sealing ring and tighten the nut of the filter 9 to 25 Nm. Do not use the O-ring no lubrication. View of the filter on the inner side is presented in Fig. 175.
Recommendations for the installation of the oil filter is written on the label on the filter housing. Always install a filter on the new rubber O-ring, which should be lubricated with engine oil on the perimeter. Tighten the new oil filter by hand, without using any tools for its tightening. Finally, check the oil level and if necessary, add oil to the engine.