- Do not remove the radiator cap on a hot engine, as the departing couple may result in severe burns.
- Close the radiator cap thick cloth and slowly remove the lid until the hiss of escaping steam.
- After the termination of the steam outlet slowly unscrew and remove the cap from the radiator.
Checking the coolant level
1. Check the coolant level spend on a cold engine. Remove the cover and on labels on the dipstick cover determine the coolant level, which should be between labels F and L.
2. If necessary, add coolant.
Quality of coolant
1. Check for rust and scale build-up around the lid or the mouth of a radiator.
2. Verify the purity of the coolant and the absence of the contaminants. If necessary, replace the coolant.