Thermostat V6 engine
1. Drain the coolant to a level below the thermostat.
2. Remove the coolant outlet fitting and gasket.
3. Remove the thermostat.
1. On a thread suspend the thermostat in a transparent container with water.
2. Insert the thermometer into the water, heat the container with water and watch the thermostat valve.
3. Determine the temperature of the start of opening and fully open the valve of the thermostat.
- The onset temperature of the thermostat valve opening: 80-84 ?° C.
- Valve opening temperature of the thermostat: 95 ?° C.
1. Set the thermostat so that the bleed screw is correctly positioned in the slot. If the thermostat is installed in the wrong position, the base touches the edges of the thermostat in the intake manifold that violates its performance.
2. Install a new gasket and coolant outlet fitting.
Torque: 10-15 N ??? m 3. Fill the cooling system with coolant.