Disassembly of the engine
The upper part of the exhaust manifold and the surroundings on the engine parts SR20DE
The lower part of the intake manifold and the surroundings details
- Before dismantling the engine should be thoroughly clean all external surfaces to remove dirt or oil. Particular attention should be paid to the sealing surfaces, so that the engine could not get any foreign objects in the separation of the sealing surfaces. Fix the engine on the mounting stand. If the stand is not, install the engine on the bench prop wooden bars on the side so that it does not fall. The following description first describes the overall process of removal. The individual design groups will be described separately.
- In the case of a manual gearbox mounted crosswise, loosen the bolts of coupling. Unscrew the bolts completely only after the voltage is removed from the diaphragm spring clutch. Remove the clutch, pull the clutch disc from the flywheel and set aside the details. If the clutch disc has a satisfactory appearance, do not touch it with dirty hands.
- If installed, remove the automatic transmission torque converter. These activities are described in Chapter Automatic transmission.
- Turn the engine and remove the oil drain plug on the bottom of the oil pan.
- Remove the oil filter with a special key. If there is a special key, drive side filter powerful screwdriver and using it as a lever handle, loosen the filter. Filter immediately discard.
- Turn off the ignition cables and distributor cover, remove the cables (flip cap spring clips).
- Rotate the crankshaft until the piston of 1st cylinder will not be in a position to overlap TDC. To do this, turn the crankshaft plugged a thumb hole candle of 1st cylinder (spark unscrew). When the finger will feel the pressure, and the mark on the belt pulley of the crankshaft will be in the position shown in the illustration, t. E. Opposite the mark "0", the position of the crankshaft is correct.
| || The piston of cylinder 1 is in TDC position, when the label "0" coincides with the tip of the pointer. |
- With the scriber to draw a line on the outer edge of the distributor of ignition in front of the tip of the thumb. When installing the valve you want to set this position.
- Loosen the bolt of the distributor of ignition and remove the key.
- Remove the rest of the spark plug.
- Remove the fuel lines, vacuum lines and other additional elements from the engine.
- Unscrew the cylinder head cover and the slinger.
- Unscrew the support of the exhaust manifold. The engine SR20DE 4 support on the engine SR20Di one support.
- Unscrew the inlet pipe and the surroundings parts. The engine SR20DE intake manifold consists of two parts, which are placed in the illustrations depicted upper part of the exhaust manifold and the surroundings SR20DE details on the engine and the lower part of the intake manifold and a number of details are the details. Remove the parts, as both part of the pipeline will not be able to disconnect from the engine and unscrew. Remove all vacant pads. The engine used SR20Di piece intake manifold. The throttle body is screwed to the intake pipe and can be loosened in advance. Near the pipeline there are various items that can also be unscrewed.
- On the other side of the engine, unscrew the cover of the exhaust manifold and then remove the reservoir. On this side of the engine and remove the suspension bracket of the generator, tension drive a generator belt clip console compressor (if installed), the body release the cooling system and dipstick.
- On the carburettor engine, unscrew the intake manifold along with the carburetor and set aside. Label separate hoses connected to the carburetor before disconnecting them. Control valve of the exhaust emission and the fuel pump are also located on this side. Remove the exhaust manifold after removing the heat shield. Loosen and remove the three screwed into the inlet pipe fitting. Lambda Sensor also screwed to the manifold.
- Remove the drive chain and camshaft as described in Section Cylinder Head and the timing. In this operation also includes the removal of the crankshaft pulley.
- The cylinder head must be removed. Since this work is close to removal of the drive chain, they are described together in Section Compression check. It should now be noted that the cylinder head bolts must have a certain length in order to use them again.
- Keep this in mind when removing and installing the cylinder head. Before performing the following work, mark the installation position of the pistons, connecting rods, bearings and bearing caps. You can scribble on the piston cylinder number (not too deep). Connecting rods and bearing caps mark or punch, or lay out all the parts on the bench so as not to confuse them.
- Remove the oil pan. At the same time, turn the engine so that the tray is at the bottom. The precipitate should not get the oil inside the engine.
- Unscrew the suction grid. As can be seen the sump injection engine comprises two parts, but for the dismantling of the engine it can be removed as a unit. Section Engine lubrication system - the general information is given a more detailed description of this work.
- Hold the handle of the hammer between the crankshaft and the wall of the crankcase and in turn loosen the flywheel bolts. Beat the flywheel with a rubber hammer, make sure that it does not fall. If an automatic transmission, in the same way, remove the drive plate torque converter.
- Rotate the crankshaft until all the pistons will be approximately half of its level and carefully remove the scraper combustion of oil on the upper side of the cylinder without damaging the hole.
- Substitute under the engine larger capacity and collect the remaining oil, and located in the block coolant.
- Remove the cylinder from the rear cover and remove the gasket.
- Alternately unscrew the connecting rod bearing caps. Lightly tap the lid with a rubber mallet and remove the cover with the inserts. Typically, the cover and connecting rods are numbered from 1 to 4, however, be sure to check whether these designations.
- Push the pistons with rods from the bottom of the cylinder. To facilitate removal of the two pistons is in the position BDC. Thereafter, immediately secure the cover with inserts on the respective rods.
- Remove the crankshaft. Supports different crankshaft at injection and carburetor engines. Removal of the shaft is described in detail for both versions in Section Crankshaft and crankshaft bearings.