Removal and installation of the pump
- Removal and installation of the oil pump to the injector and carburetor engine is basically the same.
- Remove all belts on the front side of the engine.
- Remove the cylinder head (Section Head of cylinders and the timing).
- Remove the pan (Head of System of cooling and heating).
- Remove the oil suction grid and oil passage plate.
- Uncover the timing (Section Head of cylinders and the timing).
- Disassemble the pump as described in the next chapter.
- Before installing the camshaft drive cover, remove all traces of sealant scraper. Also, clean the surface of the cylinder head. Cover the surface of the sealing cap and place all the parts in reverse order.
Bulkhead oil pump
Details of the oil pump injection engine
The illustration above shows the oil pump injection engine. On the carburettor engine uses the same parts, only gears have a different design.
- Unscrew the cap on the inside cover of the camshaft drive gears and wipe both with a small screwdriver to make a mark on the outer side of both gear. In carburettor engine internal gear has a groove on the outer circumference which, after assembly of the pump must be turned towards the pump cover.
- Remove the two gears from the opening of the pump.
- Remove the pressure reducing valve after removing the plug from the spring.
- Insert both gear back into the body and measure the gap between the upper side of the pump casing and the upper side gear attaching a steel ruler and measure the feeler gauge as shown in the illustration. The maximum allowable gap of 0.10 mm between the ruler and the internal gear and the 0.11 mm gap between the ruler and the external gear. If desired, the gap can be slightly reduced by removing the bit from the surface of the pump casing by sanding.
| || Measurement of axial clearance gear pump by a steel ruler (1) and the probe (2). |
- Insert a narrow probe between the outside of the outer gear and the housing bore. The gap should not exceed 0.20 mm. The illustration below shows the measurement. Also, as shown, measure the gap between the teeth lying together. The gap should be less than 0.18 mm.
| || The measurement gap between the outer gear of the pump and the opening (1) as well as between the gear teeth of the pump (2). |
- At the pump carburetor engine inserted into the body of sickle liner. Measure from this pump clearances between the insert and the teeth of the respective gears and compare with the data given in the Specifications.
- If the measured values exceed the limit of wear, should be replaced or gear pump or a camshaft drive cover. Assembling the oil pump in reverse order. Insert the gear according to the notation. In an internal gear pump carburetor engine side gear with the outer groove must be visible before you install the pump cover. Before installation, lubricate the gears well pump to pump at the first start of the engine is not seized. If parts have been replaced by a pressure reducing valve, check the condition of the holes for the valve piston. Screw the plug with a new gasket and tighten to 50 - 70 N ??? m (for injection engine) or 40 - 60 N ??? m (for gasoline engines).