Jacking and towing
| || Three-terminal support is necessary to work under the vehicle. |
Installation locations lifts and supports. Also listed towing earrings
- For jacking front of the vehicle and cock a lay brake, safety, place wedges under the rear wheels.
- When jacking the rear of the car into gear and wedges on the front wheels.
- Place a reliable support for outside bodies. If at first lifted one side and then the other, it is necessary to monitor a reliable support.
- To avoid damage to the underside of the car lift and support should be installed only on specific locations.
- On the front side of the lift can be installed only on the spar (1) depicted in place. Thus it is necessary to make sure that was not damaged any part of the front frame.
- To raise the back of the lift installed by the middle of the lower crossbeam, t. E. A space (2) in the illustration.
- Always make sure that the surface on which you want to pick up the car, not too soft, to lift or support could not dive into it. If placed under the wheels of mobile lift wide board, this danger will be reduced. Sometimes the surface looks strong, but mobile wheel lift slowly fall.
- The supports can be installed under the vehicle only on the side. In the illustration, these places are marked "4". Be careful not to paint was damaged. Luck can be protected by placing rubber grommets.
- Overpass - it's the best way to lift the car, as there is no need to lift. At the entrance to make sure that the overpass was exactly in front of the wheels to withstand the exact direction. For additional safety rack must have shoulders to the wheel.
Towing the vehicle on all four wheels can be performed at a speed not exceeding 50 km / h.
When towing vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission for a distance exceeding 40 kilometers, its front wheels must be off the ground. At the same time to capture the vehicle should apply a special towing means mounting not for the bumper and the main beam of the frame.
When towing, the parking brake must be fully released and the transmission in neutral.
The steering shaft must be unlocked (switch in position "OFF"). Remember that when the engine is off system hydrostrengthening steering and brake servo will not function.
Avoid towing another vehicle, the engagement of the front towing eyebolts and never use to secure the towline earrings fixing the car deck of the ferry or the train platform.
Road safety is one of the basic requirements when towing a car, so strictly observe traffic rules during towing. When towing any cars in many countries, it is imperative that the use of safety chain.