In vehicles fitted Sharan lead acid AB consisting of 6 individual batteries connected in series to each other and placed in an electrolyte (25-30% solution of sulfuric acid H2SO4, which corresponds to the electrolyte density 1,25-1,31 g / cm3).
- Monoblock with the battery compartment;
- Caps with filling openings, closed with a plug;
- Positive and negative plates, respectively, collected in mid-blocks;
- The live baretok with pin-and inter-element bridges serving for the serial connection to the battery pack.
Installed in Sharan AB has the following main characteristics:
- Rated voltage, 12
- Nominal capacity:
with the 2.0 liter engine 48 Ah
VR6 engine with 60 Ah
- Specific gravity (at an air temperature ?° C):
AB is drained 1.12 g / cm3 (16 ?° C)
AB fully charged 1.28 g / cm3 (32 ?° C)
On cars fitted Sharan maintenance-free batteries, ready to work - drenched with electrolyte and charged, ie, under normal operating conditions in which the electrolyte refill is not required. However, the following guidelines for the operation of AB:
- Before servicing AB wear an apron of canvas or rubberized fabric - it will protect your clothes from splashes of electrolyte;
- Periodically (at least once every two weeks) Clean the surface of the cover AB as dust, dirt, drops of electrolyte therein lead to rapid self-discharge;
- AB for cleaning soak a clean cloth in a 10% solution of soda ash or ammonia solution, then wipe the surface AB, and a brush with stiff bristles to clean all the places where it is difficult to get close cloth;
- Then wipe dry with AB used rags emissions and brush wash with water;
- Check the condition of polar conclusions AB. Close-white or greenish patina removed with a cloth soaked in hot water;
- Strip the conclusions of batteries and the terminals for the medium grit sandpaper to a metallic luster;
- After connecting the stripped wire end ferrules with the conclusions of the AB and those other protective cover film (PVC grease or BTB-1, "Unisma?», WD-40, etc.);
- Complete cleaning of AB, wash and dry its side walls and a bottom. This will prolong the life of the tray on which it is installed and located in the vicinity of metal parts;
- Check the electrolyte level, which should not be lower situated on the outer side of the lower body AB features. If the electrolyte level is below the norm should be refilled with distilled water;
AB winter discharged more than 25%, remove from the car and recharge.