Adjust the belt tension engine units
V-belt tension is performed with built-in spring mechanism and does not require regular monitoring. It is therefore not required to carry out a special adjustment of the belt if it was for some reason is removed.
Despite the fact that they can be fitted with various aggregates and for actuating the different pulleys can be used, in any case, only one tension roller.
Fig. 156. The scheme of packing V-ribbed belt on the car without air conditioning. To loosen the belt tension, turn the lever mounted on the tension roller in the direction of the arrow
Fig. 157. The scheme of packing V-ribbed belt in a car with air conditioning. To loosen the belt tension, turn the lever mounted on the tension roller in the direction of the arrow
Schemes stacking V-ribbed belt on the car without air conditioning with air conditioning and are shown in (Fig. 156)
and (Fig. 157),
Removing the V-belt as follows:
- Mark the direction of the V-ribbed belt. Why draw a marker in the direction of the arrow. The crankshaft of the engine rotates clockwise when viewed from the side of the belt;
- Lever 3299 (see. Fig. 156
to loosen the tension on the serpentine belt;
- Remove the poly V-belt drive mechanism with the power steering pump;
- Remove ribbed belt;
- Check the condition of the V-ribbed belt. He must not have cracks or breaks, peeling of the coating or fibers, fibers frayed, tattered, or vitreous side surfaces, oil or grease stains;
- Damage-ribbed belt must be replaced.
Installing the V-ribbed belt is conducted as follows:
- Turn the lever of the tension roller 3299 and push the V-ribbed belt tensioning pulley on the generator (if installed old ribbed belt, then follow the direction indicated on the traffic);
- Release the tension roller 3299 to ribbed belt taut.