Adjust the ignition timing 2.0-liter engine
Ignition 2.0-liter engine is adjusted when the engine is idling. Under the regulation is meant primarily the correct position of the distributor of ignition, since it determines the moment of ignition. To check on the car ignition timing on the flywheel housing has a scale with the tongue and the mark on the handwheel. One scale division corresponds to 1 ?° rotation of the crankshaft. When combining the marks on the flywheel with the tongue the first cylinder is in TDC.
Timing adjustments are performed as follows:
- Check the engine idling;
- Connect the terminal "+" with strobe terminal "+" AB, a clip of "weight" - to terminal "-" AB, and attach the clamp sensor strobe to the wire of the first cylinder BH;
- Start the engine and direct the flow of a flashing strobe light in the hatch of the flywheel housing. At engine idle position the marks on the flywheel should be between 5 ?° to 8 ?°;
- If required ignition timing adjustment, loosen the distributor of ignition and turn it so that the ignition timing was 6 ?°;
- Tighten the fastening of the distributor of ignition and re-check the installation of the moment of ignition;
- Disconnecting the strobe.
A more accurate setting the ignition timing can be carried out only with special equipment at the station.