Precautions during repair work on the ignition system
When carrying out repairs and maintenance of the ignition system in order to avoid injury and damage of the system, observe the following precautions:
People with a pacemaker are prohibited to carry out repair work on the ignition system of the engine.
When removing AB of electronic memory erased codes recorded therein, for example, the radio code. Before disconnecting the wires from AB check whether you are in possession of the radio security code.
Be sure to follow our instructions on the precautions section of the "injection".
- Never disconnect the electrical wires and do not touch them, if the engine is running or scrolling starter;
- Disconnect and connect the electrical wires of the ignition system only when the engine stopped. When connecting instruments should also turn off the ignition and still;
- Before disconnecting the plug connector ECU must wait at least 20 seconds after the ignition is switched off. Otherwise, you can damage the computer;
- Start the engine by the "Booster" from another vehicle should last no more than 1 minute, at a voltage of less than 16.5;
- When towing the vehicle to prevent damage from the ignition system, always disconnect the plug connector ECU;
- Before performing welding operations necessary to disconnect the wires from the battery and the plug connector from the ECU;
- Use only the wires for the HV ignition system;
- The replacement of runner distributor of ignition, use only the prescribed slider (only for the 2.0-liter engine). Rotor designated as R1.