Removing and installing automatic transmission
Scheme of transmission speed transmission (AW-4) (see requirements of the Specifications for the efforts of tightening screw joints)
Scheme of transmission speed transmission (42RE) (see requirements of the Specifications for the efforts of tightening screw joints)
Scheme of transmission speed transmission (42RN/46RN) (see requirements of the Specifications for the efforts of tightening screw joints)
- Disconnect the negative wire from the battery.
- On models 1993 no. Equipped with AW-4 transmission, remove the top half of the tube filler transmission.
- On models 1993 no. Equipped with AW-4 transmission, remove the top half of the tube Gulf fluid.
- Poddomkratte car and set it to backup.
- Remove invasive plate (if any).
- Disconnected electrical connectors, release the wiring harness from their fastenings on the transmission and / or transfer case and push them aside. It is reasonable to pre-mark all the wires in order to guarantee their proper connections during assembly. At various transmissions can be used in different bundles:
- AW-4: VSS, sensor-switch launch permissions, and an electromagnet lock.
- 42RE: VSS, an electromagnet transmission sensor-switch launch permissions, and an electromagnet block; as the secondary shaft speed sensor (only for models of 4WD).
- 42RN/46RN: VSS, sensor-switch launch permissions, and an electromagnet lock.
- Disconnected electrical connectors and release the clamp on the transmission and / or transfer case wiring harness, remove the harnesses to side is wise to pre-mark all the connectors to facilitate the correct assembly).
- Carefully label and disconnect all vacuum lines of transmission and / or transfer case.
- Remove the components of exhaust systems that prevent the implementation of the work (Chapter systems supply and exhaust).
- Drain the transmission fluid.
- Replace the transmission oil pan.
- Disconnect hoses and tubes, transmission cooler lines (Section Description of the construction, removal and installation of lines and hoses cooling transmission). Zakuporte open ends of the lines / fittings to avoid falling into the transmission of mud.
- Disconnect the drive cable from the gear transmission (Section Check the status and adjustment of the cable switch), slide it to one side and secure to a sump transmission.
- Disconnect the transmission of TV-cable (Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable drive mode kick-Down (TV-cable)), slide it to the side and secure on the pallet.
- On 4WD models, disconnect the pull switch on the transfer case shift lever regimes in the box (Chapter Transfer Case).
- Podoprite transmission jack - preferably using a special type of jack. Safety chain will help to secure a jack to fix it transmission.
- Give bolts / nuts back support the transmission of a transverse beam. Raise transmission with transfer case, then give the bolts fastening the beam to the frame of the car. Remove the cross-bar.
- To disconnect the transmission from the transverse beams give a large central bolt (arrow).
- Raise the transmission and transfer case (if equipped), then give three bolts (arrows) fixing the left side of the transverse beams to the frame ..
... Give two bolts (arrows) attachment right side of the transverse beams to the frame and remove the beam.
- At four-wheel drive models, remove the transfer case (Chapter Transfer Case).
If you do not plan to replace the transmission, and removed it only to provide access to other components, such as the converter rotation, a real need for removal of the transfer case for it. However, it should be noted that the removal of the transmission assembly with the transfer case is much more complicated procedure than the removal of them individually.
If you decide to leave the transfer case attached to the transmission, make sure the availability of safety chains to attach the block to the head jack. The fall of the transmission / transfer case with a jack is fraught with serious consequences, up to the release of components of the system and obtain personal injuries.
- Remove the transmission access cover to the transducer rotation. On some models for its use of three mounting bolts on the other - three.
- Remove the starter (Head of the electrical system of the engine).
- Label position transducer rotation relative to the propulsion drive to guarantee their proper installation during assembly (use white paint or a marker).
- Mark the position of the transducer rotation relative to the drive disk to install them correctly during assembly - this factor has a significant impact on the observance of balancing the engine!
- Give the bolts fastening the converter to the propulsion drive. To provide access to each of them to turn the crankshaft (only in a clockwise direction when viewed from the front).
- To provide access to each of the mounting bolts of the converter rotation to the propulsion drive in the process of giving them to turn the crankshaft clockwise (when looking at the engine in the front).
- Post an engine with Wagon jack or winch (Chapter Straight six-cylinder engine).
- Give the lower transmission mount bolts to the engine.
- Slightly lower transmission (and, on models of 4WD, the transfer case, if it does not become loose), and give the upper transmission mount bolts to the engine.
- Disconnected electrical connector and remove the crankshaft position sensor (Head of Systems to reduce emissions and engine control).
If you leave the sensor on the engine block, then the removal (installation) of transmission is easily damaged.
- Pick up the probe measuring the level of transmission fluid (see illustration specifications of this chapter). Install the access cover to the transducer, firmly tightening its bolts.
If mounting the transducer using the new bolts and compare their length (measured from the lower cut-off heads until the end of the threaded part) with the values given in the Technical Specifications. Application of excessive length of the screws is fraught with damage to the surface of the converter.
- Install the bolts fastening the rear transmission support to the transverse beam and the bolts fastening the beam to the frame. Firmly tighten the bolts.
- Remove the jacks holding the transmission (with a transfer case, if it is connected - on models 4WD).
- Replace the dipstick tube measuring transmission fluid.
- If separated from the transmission transfer case for withdrawal, sostykuyte them now (Chapter Transfer Case).
- Replace the starter (Head of the electrical system of the engine).
- Connect the vacuum hose (s) and electrical connectors and wiring harnesses to attach to the terminals.
- Connect the cable drive gear selection (Section Check the status and adjustment of the cable switch) and TV-cable (Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable drive mode kick-Down (TV-cable)). On 4WD models, connect the pull switch to the transfer case (Chapter Transfer Case).
- Replace the propeller shaft (s) (Head Strength and transmission line).
- Install filming parts of the exhaust system.
- Remove the jacks and lower the car to the ground.
- Fill in the transmission fluid the desired variety (head tuning and maintenance), start the engine and check for leaks.
- Make the adjustment of the cable gear (Section Check the status and adjustment of the cable switch) and TV-cable (Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable drive mode kick-Down (TV-cable)). At four-wheel drive models also adjust the thrust switching (Chapter Transfer Case).
- Perform test runs, making sure to correct functioning of all units.