Removing and installing automatic transmission
Driving transmitting rotation transmission (AW-4) (see. Requirements Specification to the efforts of a tightening of carving connections)
Driving transmitting rotation transmission (42RE) (see. Requirements Specification to the efforts of a tightening of carving connections)
Driving transmitting rotation transmission (42RN / 46RN) (see. Requirements Specification to the efforts of a tightening of carving connections)
- Disconnect the negative wire from the battery.
- On models 1993 Vol., Transmission equipped AW-4 Remove the top half of the tube filler transmission.
- On models 1993 vol., Equipped AW-4 transmission, remove the upper half of the liquid tube Gulf.
- Poddomkratte car and establish it on props.
- Remove an introduction plate (if any).
- Disconnect the electrical connectors, release the harness from the clamps on its transmission and / or transfer case and slide them to the side. It would be wise beforehand to mark all the wires in order to guarantee their proper connection at assembly. At different transmissions may be used by different harnesses:
- AW-4: VSS, gauge-switch of the permission of start and lock solenoid.
- 42RE: VSS, electromagnet transmission gauge-switch of the permission of start and lock solenoid; and output shaft speed sensor (only for 4WD).
- 42RN / 46RN: VSS, gauge-switch of the permission of start and lock solenoid.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and release of the clips in the transmission and / or transfer case harnesses; remove the harnesses to the side; it is wise to pre-mark all the connectors to facilitate proper assembly).
- Carefully Mark and disconnect all vacuum line transmission and / or the transfer case.
- Remove the components of the exhaust system, impeding the implementation of the work (Chapter power supply system and exhaust).
- Drain the transmission fluid.
- Replace the transmission oil pan.
- Disconnect hoses and tubes transmission cooler lines (Section Description of the construction, removal and installation of lines and transmission cooling hoses). Plug the open ends of lines / nozzles to prevent ingress of dirt into the transmission.
- Disconnect the drive cable from the transmission gear (Section Check and adjustment of a cable switch), move it to one side and secure the transmission pan.
- Disconnect the TV-transmission cable (see Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable mode kickdown (TV-cable)), slide it to the side and fasten to the pallet.
- On models 4WD disconnect draft from the transfer case shift lever switch modes on the box (Chapter Transfer box).
- Support the transmission jack - jack is preferable to use a special type. Safety chains of the jack to help secure the transmission on it.
- Give bolts / nuts back support of transmission to the crossbar. Slightly lift the transmission with transfer box, then give bolts of the beam to the frame of the car. Remove the crossmember.
- To disconnect from the transmission cross beam give large central bolt (arrow).
- Slightly lift the transmission and transfer case (if equipped), then give three bolts (arrows) securing the left side of the cross beam to the frame ..
... Give the two bolts (arrows) securing the right-hand side of the cross beam to the frame and remove the beam.
- On all-wheel drive models, remove the transfer case (Chapter Transfer box).
If you do not plan to replace the transmission, and remove it only to provide access to other components, such as transmitter rotation, the real need for removal of the transfer case is absent. However, it should be noted that the removal of the transmission assembly from the transfer case is much more complicated procedure than removing them separately.
If you decide to leave the transfer box attached to the transmission, take care of a safety chains for fixing the unit on the head of the jack. Fall transmission / transfer case to jack fraught with serious consequences, up to the component failure and to obtain personal injury.
- Remove the transmission cover access to the drive rotation. On some models, it uses three mounting bolts on the other - three.
- Remove the starter (Head System of an electric motor).
- Mark the position of the transducer relative to the rotation of the disk drive to ensure proper installation of the assembly (use white paint or marker).
- Mark the position of the transducer relative to the rotation of the drive disk to properly install them in the assembly - this factor has a significant impact on the observance of balancing the engine!
- Give bolts the inverter to drive a disk. To provide access to each of them to turn a cranked shaft (only in a clockwise direction when viewed from the front).
- To provide access to each of the bolts to the drive converter rotating disk in the process of the give turn the crankshaft clockwise (when looking at the front of the engine).
- Post a carriage motor using the jack or the winch (head straight six-cylinder engine).
- Give the lower bolts of transmission to the engine.
- Slightly lower transmission (and, in models of 4WD, the transfer case, if it does not disconnect) and give the upper bolts of transmission to the engine.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the crankshaft position sensor (Head of Systems of decrease in toxicity of the fulfilled gases and engine management).
If you leave the sensor on the engine block, then when removing (setting) the transmission is easily damaged.
- Lift the handset level measuring probe transmission fluid (see. Illustrations Scheme rotation transmitting transmission (AW-4), Scheme rotation transmitting transmission (42RE), or transmission scheme rotation knob (42RN / 46RN)). Remove and discard the O-ring of the probe tube.
- Move the transmission back, remove it from the guide pins on the engine. Pre-make sure that the converter is disconnected from the rotation of the disk drive. Fix the converter in the transmission in order to avoid it falling out when removing the last.
- Lower the transmission and pull it out from under the car.
- Before installing, make sure that the converter hub rotation docked safely with the pump.
- Securing the transmission (and on 4WD models and the transfer case, if it is still attached to the transmission) on a jack, lift it at the loading position. Try to keep the transmission horizontal so that it does not slip out of the converter of rotation. Connect line transmission fluid cooler.
- Turn the rotation converter, achieving combination of adjusting labels on it, and on the drive disk (p.
- Carefully advance the transmission (with a transfer case, if it is connected - Models 4WD) forward until until a mating guide pins inverter rotation.
- Insert the bolts to the engine transmission case. Refer to these exemplary material (see. Illustrations Scheme rotation transmitting transmission (AW-4), Scheme rotation transmitting transmission (42RE), or transmission scheme rotation knob (42RN / 46RN)). Tighten bolts with demanded effort.
- Install the bolts to the drive converter rotating disk. Tighten bolts to the required torque (see. Specifications in this chapter). Install the access cover to the drive, firmly tightening its screws.
If the transmitter using the new mounting bolts compare their length (measured from the lower edge of the head to the end of the threaded portion) with the values given in the Specifications. Use of excessive length bolts can cause damage to the transducer surface.
- Install the bolts to the back support of transmission crossmember bolts and beams to the frame. Firmly tighten the bolts.
- Remove the jacks holding the transmission (with transfer case, if it is connected - on models 4WD).
- Replace the dipstick tube measurement of the transmission fluid.
- If separated transfer case from the drivetrain when removed, they are now Dock (Chapter Transfer box).
- Replace the starter (Head System of an electric motor).
- Connect the vacuum hose (s) and the electrical connectors and fix the wiring harness in the clamps.
- Connect the cable of a drive gear selection (Section Check and adjustment of the shift cable) and TV-cable (see Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable mode kickdown (TV-cable)). On 4WD models connect shift rod to the transfer case (Chapter Transfer box).
- Replace the propeller shaft (s) (Chapter Clutch and transmission line).
- Install exhaust system components acting in film.
- Remove the jacks and lower the car to the ground.
- Fill the transmission fluid is required grade (Head of Adjustment and routine maintenance), start the engine and check for leaks.
- Make the adjustment of a cable of a gear change (Section Check and adjustment of the shift cable) and TV-cable (see Section Description, replacement and adjustment of the throttle cable mode kickdown (TV-cable)). On all-wheel drive models also adjust the shift rod (Chapter Transfer box).
- Perform the sea trials, ensure correct functioning of all units.