Adjusting the brakes
Disc brakes on the front wheels and the disc or drum brakes on the rear wheels are adjusted automatically, so no adjustment work is required. When worn brake pads rear brakes are regulated under the action of the foot or the hand brake depending on the version. The condition for this is a perfect work of adjustment mechanism, which is located inside the drum brake drum and disc brakes on the inside of the caliper.
| || The position of the adjusting nut (arrow) on the side of the handbrake lever. |
To adjust the handbrake should be adjusted nut on the side of the handbrake lever, in the specified place in the illustration above. When adjusting proceed as follows:
- Replace the back of the car on supports and release the parking brake. For safety and to enclose the front wheels of the bricks that the car could not get off the supports.
- Depress the brake pedal more than 5 times.
- Cock handbrake lever 6 - 8 clicks and check that the rear wheel does not rotate. Again, release the handbrake.
- Otherwise tighten the nut on the handbrake lever until the rear wheels are not locked during the above test.
- Cock and release the hand brake and check that both wheels rotated freely and the brake shoes do not slip on the drum. In the case of disc brakes, the handbrake lever on the rear caliper must return to the stop bolt, after releasing the handbrake.
- Check whether the control lamp of a manual brake if the lever is tightened by 1 - 2 clicks.
- Lower the car to the ground.
Elements of the height adjustment and the backlash of the brake pedal
| || 1 - lock nut, 12 - 15 N ??? m |
2 - the brake booster push rod
3 - stop lamp switch
4 - floor panel
5 mizolyatsiya floor
6 - lock nut, 16 - 22 N ??? m
A = clearance pedal
The pedal height =
C = clearance on the brake light switch
D = distance from floor
Adjusting the brake pedal
The play of the brake pedal is adjusted by screwing or unscrewing the stop lamp switch. When meeting the requirements of Specification height of the brake pedal, loosen the locknut (1) (see. Illustration) and slide switch (3) until the gap between the arrows will not be 0.3 -1.0 mm.
Take the brake pedal thumb and forefinger and move it back and forth until you feel resistance. The significant gap should be 1 - 3 mm. Otherwise, follow the above adjustment.
To adjust the height of the brake pedal moves the plunger of the main brake cylinder (2) after loosening the lock nut (6). Pedal height is listed in the Specifications.