The main brake cylinder
Wiring diagram of the main brake cylinder. Right at the bottom of the cylinder is shown in the case of the ABS installed
- Disconnect the cable from the brake fluid level indicator.
- Remove both brake pipe from the cylinder. Plug the ends of the pipes.
- Loosen the master cylinder to the brake booster end surface and carefully remove the cylinder without splashing the brake fluid on the surface of the lacquer. Installing the cylinder in the reverse sequence to removal. After installation, bleed the brake system (Section pumping the brakes).
Repair of the main brake cylinder
First, determine the manufacturer of the cylinder. For Nissan cylinders can be installed from various manufacturers. Elements of different versions can not replace each other. If the system is installed ABS - set another cylinder. The illustration shows two versions of the main brake cylinder.
- Remove the cover (1) and drain the liquid.
- Hold the cylinder in a vice.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the thrust of the piston cap (9) from the cylinder body. On the cylinder without ABS peel back the two locking tab on the inner side of the flange inward; on the cylinder with ABS bend out the retaining tabs on the outside. Then remove the cap.
- Remove the pressure piston (6). Possible to use compressed air. Connect the compressed air nozzle to the brake hose. Good wrap cloth cylinder, the piston is not flew.
- Just check the cap. If one of the locking tabs is damaged, you need to install a new cap.
- Remove the cuff fingers piston.
- If further disassembly, gently press the expansion tank (2) from the cylinder using a screwdriver. Remove the rubber grommet (3) (always replace).
- The pressure piston does not understand. All items are clean brake fluid or alcohol. If the opening of the cylinder or the piston have a satisfactory appearance, measure the diameter of the hole and the outer diameter of the piston with a micrometer. The difference between the values should not exceed 0.15 mm.
- Lower cuff of the piston in the brake fluid and replace the piston.
- At the same time observe the direction of installation of cuffs (see. Illustration below). Reassemble the cylinder in accordance with the wiring diagram. When you install both parts of the piston push the screwdriver into the hole and install the thrust cap. When the ABS system installed inside the press jaws; without ABS press jaws out. Make sure that the cap is firmly sat on the case.
| || Correct assembly of the intermediate piston (upper) and the pressure piston (bottom). |