Replacing the brake pads
Wiring diagram rear drum brakes. A large arrow points to the front of the vehicle
Guided by the above illustration:
- Replace the back of the car on supports. The front wheels must be blocked (those bricks) that the car could not get off the supports.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Release the handbrake.
- Remove the brake drum. If the automatic adjustment device works flawlessly, it may be that the brake pads to cling to the drum. To loosen the drum, it is necessary to set the adjusting device in the reverse position.
- To do this, remove the plug from the back of the shield brake shown in the illustration below the site and insert a screwdriver into the opening as shown in the illustration below. Press screwdriver inwardly to release lever on the interior side.
Installation of automatic adjusters inside the brake drum
| || 1 - Brake shield |
2 - anchor pin pads
3 - a stopper
4 - Screwdriver
5 - brake shoes
6 - a spring anchor pin
7 - actuating lever
- Now you need two bolts M8 x 1.25, which are screwed in the illustration below the site. Tighten the screws until they comes off the brake drum.
| || Firmly seated remove the drum by screwing two bolts to the specified locations. |
- Remove the anchor pins and springs. By pressing a pin with a reverse side of the board and turn the forceps cup springs on the front side while the bolt head can not pass through the cup. In the illustration, this work shows clearly. Remove the cup and the spring and remove the pin from behind. Thus, remove the two pins.
- Using forceps unhook the top returnable spring from the brake shoes, pads squeeze out and remove the control pad in the middle. Remove the lower end of the brake shoe counter support. This releases the lower return spring, which can be removed.
- Carefully remove the brake pads with a rope of a manual brake.
- To do this, compress the spring until the end of the rope can not be pulled out of the arm.
- If further disassembly, unhook the spring from the lever adjustment.
- When replacing the pads need to rearrange the lever on the new pads. If the surface of the brake drum has a groove, the drum can be machined until it exceeds the permissible diameter. Also measure the roundness of the drum, especially if overheated pads during braking. If the material thickness of the brake pads is less than 1.5 mm, the pads should be replaced complete. Bent spring, as if they were bent during removal, should be replaced. Wheel Brake Cylinder is described below.
- Installing the brake pads in reverse sequence to removal. Lightly grease the ends of the brake pads and the place fit pads to the brake shield, also grease the bearing seat adjustment lever. The adjusting device shall be lubricated threaded areas and small wheels on the connection between the regulator and the arm pads and should be installed on the old brake board. Remember the following points:
- The controller on the right side has a right-hand thread.
- The controller on the left side has a left-hand thread.
- If the brake pads are replaced with the lever on the brake pads, so that it is on the front side and replace the bearing journal new lock latch. Well, insert the latch in the groove and then, as shown in the illustration below, squeeze with pliers. Insert the anchor pins and slide the front springs and cup spring. Rotate the head pins 90 ?°, until the head will lie in the cup.
| || After installing the circlip well push it into the groove of the bearing pin. |
The illustration below shows schematically how to perform this work.
| || Elements for removal and installation of anchor pins brake pads. |
- After installing the brake pads need to install the brake mode under Auto. To do this, adjust the knob until the diameter of the brake pad will not be about the diameter of the brake drum. To do this, measure the diameter of the drum and the brake pads as shown in the left and right in the illustration below.
| || Measurement of the diameter of the brake drum (1) and the outer diameter of the brake pads mounted (2). Set the diameter of the brake pads 0.35 mm smaller than the diameter of the brake drum. |
- Compare assembled brake illustration below. Control knob (m. E. In the middle of the rod expander) must in any case be closer to the front of the vehicle. Both arrows indicate the direction of rotation of the drum and the front of the vehicle.
- Put on the brake drum and cock a few times handbrake. Clicking in the brake drum after some time must cease.
Correct assembly of the rear wheel brake
| || 1 - regulator |
2 - the lever of the brake pads
3 - the end of a cable of a manual brake
Wheel Brake Cylinder
To remove the wheel brake cylinder:
- Remove the brake pads.
- On the back of the brake shield, loosen the union nut of the brake pipe.
- Remove the wheel cylinder of the brake shield.
- Dismantling the wheel cylinder is not possible as installed inside the control valve can not be repaired. If the cylinder is rusted or lost tightness, it must be replaced.