Rear disc brakes
| || Loosen the two bolts indicated by arrows to remove the handbrake cable bracket. |
Replacing the brake pads
- Lift the rear of the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the inside of the slide shown in the illustration, two robot to remove the handbrake cable mounting and retaining spring.
- Remove the lower caliper guide pin from the caliper to make it to the mounting frame.
- Fold all the support upwards, as shown below and tie it to the wire segment of the rear suspension, so he could not fall.
| || Removing the rear brake pads disc brake. Tie a support wire, as shown. |
- Remove the inner and upper intermediate plates and two brake pads.
- After removing the shoes, do not push the brake pedal, as the piston will pop up.
- Replace the brake pads if the thickness of the lining material reached 2.0 mm. Never replace only one block and rearrange blocks from one side to the other. In the shows where the thickness of the pad is measured. Repair kit brake pads includes certain items that are to be used during installation.
- Clean calipers with brake fluid or alcohol. Never use gasoline for it.
- Check that the piston seals good sealing.
- Check the brake disk for deep grooves, which are due to brake pad wear. Measure the thickness of the brake disc with a micrometer, as shown in the If less than the predetermined thickness of the disc, the disc must be replaced. You can replace only one disk, but in most cases require the replacement of both drives.
- Installing the brake pads in reverse sequence to removal, taking into account the following points:
- Using sharp forceps, turn the piston clockwise into a support as shown in the illustration below. With the exception of the transfusion fluid expansion tank, t. E. You need to follow the fluid in the reservoir. If the piston is located deep in the cylinder space to install new pad is sufficient.
| || Before installing the brake pad screw hole in the piston with pliers. |
- Insert the inner block with the intermediate plate, pull out the caliper and insert the outer brake pad to the intermediate plate.
- Untie the caliper and move it down without damaging the brake pads are inserted.
- Insert the bolt (see. and tighten with a force of 22 - 32 N ??? m.
- After installation, repeatedly press the brake pedal and check whether the hit in the air. Otherwise, the system must be bled, as described in Section pumping the brakes.
Repairing the brake calliper
Repair rear caliper disc brake a little harder than the front, as the adjustment mechanism is located on the inside of the caliper. Since the caliper is to be disassembled and almost completely to get to the cylinder lining, full repair is not provided. To completely remove the caliper, follow the steps in the previous section works, but this time, remove the top and bottom bolts that hold the caliper to the mounting frame. Loosen the hollow bolt of the brake pipe and remove the two copper washers. Washers should always be replaced.
The mounting frame can be removed. It contains the guide pins and rubber collars, which can be replaced. Tighten bolts of the mounting frame with a force of 35 - 45 N ??? m.