Replacing the brake pads
Brake system components shown in the illustration. She should govern subsequent work. It should take into account the differences between the two versions of supports that are shown in the illustration. Execution of the brake calipers are known under the designation "AD" and "CL". The brake pads on both sides of the vehicle must be replaced together.
Wiring diagram of disc brakes. Items marked "*" are set to gasoline models; items marked "**" on injection engines
- Lift the front of the vehicle.
- Remove the wheels.
- On the inside of the caliper, remove the screw shown in the illustration and fold the whole support upwards.
- Remove the caliper guide plates on the top and bottom, inner and outer brake pads. To remove the guide plate, insert a screwdriver.
| || After removing the bolt shown can be folded up support. Fix the support wire segment (see. |
- After removing the brake pads do not push the brake pedal, otherwise the piston will pop up. Replace the brake pads when the brake lining material thickness 2.0 mm. Never replace only one block and rearrange the brake pads on the one side to the other. The illustration below shows where in the measured thickness of the pad. Brake pads for carburetor models are 10 mm thick pads for injection models have a thickness of 11 mm. From these we can determine the size of the current resource block.
| || Measurement of thickness of the material strip. |
- Repair kits brake pads include items that are to be used during installation. Clean calipers with brake fluid or alcohol. Never use gasoline for it. Check that the piston seals firmly compacted. Check the brake disk for deep grooves, which are caused by worn-out shoes. Measure the thickness of brake disc calipers as shown in the illustration below. Discs carburetor models are the minimum allowable thickness of 18 mm brake discs injector models (ventilated) have a thickness of 20 mm. If the thickness is less than specified, they should be replaced.
| || Measuring thickness of a brake disk. |
- You can replace only one drive, but most likely need to replace both discs. Installing the brake pads in reverse order, however, consider the following. The illustration below shows the elements of support, as well as the support cylinder suspended on a wire:
| || Elements for removing and installing the brake caliper. |
- Insert the inner block with the intermediate plate, pull out and insert the caliper outer connector with intermediate plate.
- Insert the guide plates of brake pads.
- Untie the wire and lower the support cylinder down without damaging the brake pads are inserted.
- Insert the bolts (see. and tighten with the indicated in the illustration 2.0 torques. Tightening torques for the two versions are slightly different calipers.
- After installation, repeatedly press the brake pedal and check whether the system has penetrated the air. If the air was in the system, bleed it (Section pumping the brakes).
Repairing the brake calliper
- Remove the brake pads.
- Remove the brake line from the caliper. It is connected by a hollow screw with two copper washers. Washers should always be replaced. Plug the hole caliper that could leak fluid. Also, stick a bit of tape around the hose connection to the hose to prevent dirt from entering.
- Loosen the two screws on the inside of the caliper.
- Remove the caliper. Caliper can be removed together with the brake pads, which are then removed, as described above. If you want to remove a brake disk, it can be unscrewed from the hub. The support can be disassembled as follows, guided by an illustration:
The internal components of the cylinder calipers
| || 1 - cylinder gasket |
2 - Dust seal
3 - piston caliper
- Remove the brake hose from the caliper.
- Carefully remove the dust protection ring from the cylinder bore with a screwdriver.
- Now you need to squeeze out of the hole caliper piston. It uses compressed air. It is best to take the caliper to the gas station to squeeze the plunger. The air duct is connected to the brake pipe of the hose shown in the illustration in place. Put a block of wood in the capture of the caliper, the piston could not stumble on the metal cylinder.
| || Blowing out of the cylinder piston calipers. |
- Remove the gasket groove of the piston cylinder with a blunt object.
- Check the inside of the cylinder to the formation of grooves or other damage. If there are any, replace the entire cylinder. Light bumps can be smoothed with fine sandpaper. The sliding surface of the piston has been specially treated and may not be sanded with sandpaper. Seal and dustproof ring of the piston must be replaced.
- If both directing fingers or related cuffs have an unsatisfactory appearance, they can be replaced. Grease new fingers grease for brakes.
- When assembling the cover all the internal parts of the brake fluid or a special grease and then reassemble the caliper as follows:
- Insert into the groove of the cylinder gasket.
- Lubricate the dust-ring grease or brake fluid and install it on the piston.
- Insert the piston into the hole and push the dust-ring groove in the cylinder. The piston should be turned outwards shown on side.
- Grease both directing fingers recommended lubricant for brake disc brakes, install the sleeve and insert two fingers.
- Installation of the caliper in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the bolts shown in the for the corresponding execution torques. If the holder unscrews the caliper and tighten the bolts to 72 - 97 N ??? m. Bleed the brake system (Section pumping the brakes).
The brake discs are removed along with the hub. These works have already been described in Section "Take the saddle ...". Then remove the brake disc from the hub and perform the following checks: