1. Loosen the parking brake cable by turning the adjusting nut counterclockwise.
2. Press the brake pedal 20 times with a force of approximately 196 N.
3. Tighten the parking brake cable by turning the adjusting nut clockwise.
4. Check the number of clicks when tightening the handbrake lever effort 196 N.
Progress handbrake lever: 8-9 clicks
5. If the number of clicks is not correct, adjust the length of the cable by turning the adjusting nut on the jack cables.
6. Turn on the ignition, lift the parking brake lever on one click and check that the warning lamp lit up the parking brake in the instrument cluster.
7. Check that the rear brakes firmly hold the car on an inclined plane.