Airbag and a spiral wire
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Before servicing the airbag system, make sure that it has been at least 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off and disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery.
2. Remove the steering wheel and align bolts driver airbag.
3. When disconnecting the electric socket of a spiral wire airbags install the retaining device on the connector outward.
- When disconnecting the electric socket of a spiral wire of a pillow of safety, do not apply a lot of effort.
- The removed air bag should be stored in a clean, dry place, face up.
4. Remove the steering wheel.
Do not tap on the steering wheel, as this may damage the protective mechanism of the steering column and reduce the degree of protection of the driver in a frontal collision.
If any defects should be replaced airbag.
Do not attempt to measure the circuit resistance of the pyrotechnic gas generator airbags as possible unauthorized deployment of the driver's airbag.
1. Check the airbag cover for dents, cracks or deformation.
2. Make sure there is no airbag pressing, splitting or warping.
3. Check the condition of hooks and connectors for damage, oxidation damage to the connector pins and the wire harness.
4. Check the housing of the gas generator pyrotechnic airbag for dents, cracks or deformation.
5. Place the airbag to the steering wheel to check alignment and its suitability.
Checking the spiral wire (spring)
If any defects should be replaced spiral wire.
Check the electrical connectors and yellow protective tube for damage and oxidation of the contacts of the connector.