On cars the auxiliary safety system (SRS - Supplemental Restrain System) better known as airbags. The system consists of sensors mounted on the front side of the vehicle, and the airbag control unit and diagnosis. By car airbag system type HAE-3. System HAE-3 can be installed in a variety of designs DAB + 2 BPT, DAB + PAB + 2 BPT, DAB + PAB + 2 BPT + 2 FSAB (DAB - driver airbag, PAB - front passenger airbag, BPT - belt tensioner, FSAB - side airbag).
SRS consists of air bag on the driver side, in the center of the steering wheel and containing a folded cushion and a gas generator unit; airbag on the passenger side, located in the instrument panel and containing a folded cushion and a gas generator unit; side airbags located in the backside of the driver and front passenger, and containing the folded airbag and gas generator unit. The control unit SRSCM located on the floor of the car under the radiator and heater controls and the airbag system comprises: an accelerometer that detects vehicle deceleration; spiral wire (spring), located in the steering column; electrical circuits and connections; knee bolster located below the steering column. Coiled wire transmits a signal regardless of the position of the steering wheel.
The moment of collision SRSCM unit determines, based on information from the accelerometer, which continuously monitors the acceleration of the vehicle.
The deployment of the airbag takes place in a frontal or near-frontal collision with a moderate or great effort.
The pyrotechnic gas generator converts the electrical signal to a control signal to ignite, resulting decomposed powder, bag inflating airbags.
To service the air bag or SRS components should be allowed only by specially trained personnel. When servicing the SRS is necessary to exercise extreme caution to avoid personal injury when airbags deploy unauthorized driver or front passenger.
If you violate shutdown sequence or services airbag system can occur unauthorized deployment of airbags and serious personal injury. Also, improper maintenance of the airbag system may lead to the fact that the airbag will not work in a collision.
Before performing maintenance, including the removal or installation of elements of the system, carefully follow these recommendations.
- Before servicing the airbag system, make sure that it has been at least 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off and disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery. The airbag system is equipped with an emergency source of energy, which you can deploy the airbag in the event of disconnecting the wires from the battery when the crash. The time during which the emergency source of power provides energy to the airbag system is 150 ms.
- When you disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery is erased memory clock and sound systems. Before you begin, remove the information from the sound system. After finishing work, set the time on the clock and repeat the installation of sound systems.
- Signs of a system crash the airbag is difficult to verify, so that diagnostic codes are the most important source of information for troubleshooting.
- When troubleshooting system airbags before disconnecting the battery, check the fault codes stored in memory.
- Do not use replacement parts airbags from other cars.
- Do not disassemble or repair the components of the system of airbags.
- If any component of the SRS or fell on it there are cracks, dents or other defects in the case, bracket or connector, replace them with new ones.
- After work, test the system airbags.
In some cases, the electric circuit of airbag warning lamp may be broken another circuit malfunction. Therefore, if the airbag warning lamp is lit, check that all the DTC erased from memory.
- When carrying out electrical welding work is required to disconnect the wire from the negative battery terminal.