- Do not disassemble or repair the components of an airbag system.
- If an airbag has been dropped or it is exposed to water, grease or oil, and if there are cracks, dents or other defects in the hull or connector, replace the airbag.
- The removed air bag should be stored in a clean, dry place, face up. Do not place in the airbag foreign objects that the deployment of the airbag can cause serious injury.
- Do not expose the air bag to a temperature above 93 ?° C.
- Undeployed airbag unit should be located only in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Do not attempt to measure the circuit resistance of the pyrotechnic gas generator airbags as possible unauthorized deployment of the driver's airbag.
- After airbag deployment should be replaced with a wire that has been exposed to the gases of the pyrotechnic gas generator.
1. Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Before servicing the airbag system, make sure that it has been at least 30 seconds after the ignition is turned off and disconnect the wire from the negative terminal of the battery.
2. Remove the glovebox.
3. Disconnect the electrical connector airbags.
4. Remove the airbag.