Check and replace wiper blades
Every year or every 20,000 km
In the wiper blade over time accumulates the road film, reducing the effectiveness of their work, therefore the brush should be cleaned regularly in a soft cleaning solution.
Build wipers with brushes should be regularly inspected. If the inspection revealed the presence of hardenings or cracks on rubber of brushes, replace brushes. If the inspection is not revealed anything unusual, wet a windscreen, include screen wipers, allow them to work a little, and turn them off. Uneven trace of the brush on the glass or on a clean glass indicate that the brush should be replaced.
During the wiper mechanism can weaken the mounting nuts, so they should be checked and if necessary tightened each time you check the brushes (see chap. Onboard electric equipment for more information on the mechanism of screen wipers).
Replacing the wiper blades
- Pull the wiper assembly with a brush from the glass.
- Push the fixing tab inwards and remove the brush assembly with the wiper arm.
- Push into the retaining tab, then pull the wiper blade assembly down and out with a hook on the end of the wiper arm.
- If you want to replace only the rubber of brushes, disconnect the end of the brush from the brush frame, then pull the brush out of the frame.
- Disconnect the end of the wiper element from the end of the frame, and then remove the element.
- Compare the new brush with the old along the length, structure and so on. D.
- Install new brush into place, and then insert the end into the frame of the brush to secure it.
- Set the brush assembly on the lever, then moisten the glass and check the windshield wiper.