Transmission Fluid Replacement
Every two years or every 40,000 kilometers (whichever comes first)
At certain Specifications intervals / mileage should be made replacing transmission fluid. Since the liquid stays hot for a long time after switching off the engine, producing this procedure only after full cooling of the engine.
Before you begin, purchase the transmission fluid specified in Section types and volumes of used lubricants and fluids.
Other necessary for this procedure are support tools for fixing a vehicle in the raised position, the drain capacity of not less than 7 liters, newspapers and pure rags.
- Poddomkratte car and reliably establish it on support.
- Give the side of the drain plug and drain the transmission fluid into a clean container.
- Thoroughly clean off any metal particle with a magnet, if it is available.
- Fill the gearbox as described above. The total volume of the filling in the gearbox oil is 7.0 l, but a certain amount of oil remains in the box, which means that the transmission must be filled slowly until the liquid level on the dipstick does not match the required value.
- Lower the car and add the required amount of liquid through the filler neck (see. Section Checking automatic transmission fluid).
- Set the transmission to "P" (Park) and cock a lay brake, then start the engine to idle, without squeezing the gas pedal.
- Spend the selector lever through all the transmission and re-set it to "P" (Park). Check the fluid level.
- After the first few visits, check the bottom of the vehicle for fluid leaks.