General information on setting up
The term "Setup" is used in this manual to refer to more complex procedures than a separate procedure.
If you bought a car routine maintenance schedule is strictly adhered to, will be carried out frequent checks fluid levels and subject to increased wear of components, as suggested in this manual. The engine will long remain in good working order, and the need for any additional work will be reduced to a minimum.
More often, however, the case that the engine is operating inefficiently due to the neglect of regular maintenance. More often it happens when you buy a used car, which the owners did not bother to frequent and regular inspection and maintenance. In this case, in addition to customary procedures for routine maintenance, it is necessary to tune the engine. The first step in any procedure or diagnostic settings to improve the engine operation is to check the degree of compression in the cylinders. Compression test (see chap. Engine) to help determine the status of the internal components of the engine and should serve as a pointer during setup and repair. If, for example, checking the compression ratio indicates a serious internal engine wear, the usual setting does not help to improve his work and is a waste of time and money. As the procedure for checking the compression ratio is extremely important, it should carry out specialists with specially designed equipment. To bring the engine in good working condition often required to perform the following procedures.
- Check all fluids associated with the operation of the engine (Section Check of levels of liquids)
- Check the condition of all hoses, engine compartment (Section Check and replacement of hoses of the engine compartment)
- Check and adjust the belt tension (Section Check of a condition, tension adjustment and replacement of belts)
- Cleaning, inspection and battery (Section Checking the status of the battery, care it and gymnastics)
- Replacement of spark plugs (Section Check and replacement of spark plugs)
- Examination of explosive spark wires, distributor cap and slider (Section Check and replacement candle explosive wires, distributor cap and slider)
- Check the air filter (Section Replacing the air filter)
- Check the cooling system (Section Check of functioning of the cooling system)
All of the above items are the minimum configuration plus.
- Check the ignition system (see chap. Electrical system Engine)
- Checking the charge (see chap. Electrical system Engine)
- Check the fuel system (see chap. Power supply system and exhaust)
- Replacing the spark plug wires BB, the distributor cap and the slider (Section Check and replacement candle explosive wires, distributor cap and slider)