Checking the oil level in manual gearbox
Every year or every 20,000 km
On the transmission has a filler plug / oil measure, which must be removed to check the oil level If the vehicle is raised to allow access to the tube, make sure that it is securely fastened - not climb under the car, standing only on the jack.
To properly check the oil level should be the life of the car is fixed exactly.
- Remove the cap from the transmission slip the little finger in the hole plugs and feel for the oil level. He must be around the bottom of the plug hole.
- Remove the fuel cap / level measurement (arrow) and the little finger, check the oil level. It should be placed near the bottom of the hole in the tube - if lower, add oil.
- If it is not, add oil through the hole in the tube with a syringe to a level where the oil comes out of the hole. On some recent models, manual gearbox lubricant fill automatic transmission. On these boxes are usually attached icon next to the fuel cap / level measurement.
- Install the plug and tighten it in a few kilometers, check for fluid leaks.
- If you notice that the mission requires frequent topping up, it can only be because of the leak, which should be identified and eliminated before they appear serious trouble.