Check and replacement of spark plugs
Every year or every 20,000 km
| || Tools required for replacing the spark plugs. |
1 - The head of a candle key - equipped with special soft insert to protect the porcelain insulator candles
2 - Torque wrench - although it is not an indispensable tool, but gives the maximum guarantee the correctness of the efforts of a tightening of candles
3 - Ratchet drive - standard included in the kit to the spark plug wrench
4 - Extension - depending on modepi vehicle and its accessories you may need special extenders and universal joints to allow access to the spark.
5 - meter clearance of plugs - a tool for checking the clearance of plugs available in different versions. Make sure it has a meter for clearance of your car. Instead, you can use the blade probe
Before you start, prepare all the necessary tools, which include a change of the head of a candle key and a set of blades of the probe. Some manufacturers of spark plugs deliver special tools to measure the clearance of plugs.
The best way to replace the spark plug is pre-purchase of new candles, adjustment of the gap and replacement of each candle in turn. When buying candles is very important to choose those candles that are designed for the engine of your car. Information about them can be obtained in Specifications to the Head of System of an electric motor.
Having a handy new candles, allow the engine to cool completely before removing the old ones. During this time, you can see the new candles for the presence of defects and check spark plug gap.
- Candle backlash is checked by inserting the desired thickness gauge between the electrodes at the end of a candle. The gap should correspond specified in Specifications. The wire should only relate to each electrode. If the clearance is not correct, slightly turn in a curved portion of the electrode via a knurled knob until the desired size of the gap.
When adjusting the backlash of a new candle bends only the foundation earth electrode without touching the end. If the earth electrode is displaced relative to the central electrode by a regulator with notches align them. Check the porcelain insulator for cracks, indicating that the candle should be replaced.
Firms-manufacturers recommend using a spark plug to determine the clearance of plugs wire-type gauges - if the measuring element does not slip between the spark plug electrodes with a slight resistance, it means that the gap adjustment is required.
| || To adjust the gap to buckle only ground electrode, as indicated by arrows in the picture, and be very careful not to damage the porcelain insulator around the center electrode. |
- At the engine cooling, disconnect the wire from the BB one of the spark plugs. You do not pull the cord, hold the connector at its end. Sometimes disconnect the connector you want to apply a rotational movement.
| || When you disconnect the spark plug wires BB always hold the connector. |
- If possible, use compressed air to blow dirt and particles of foreign matter from the area around the spark plugs. You can use this for an ordinary bicycle pump. This is done to avoid the possibility of debris into the cylinder after removing the candles.
- Establish a head of a spark plug wrench to remove the spark plug and spark plug from the engine by unscrewing it counterclockwise.
| || To loosen the spark plugs use a key with a removable head and extension. |
- Compare taken out with a candle in the photographs shown in Chapter electrical system of the engine, it will give you useful information about the general state of the engine.
- Apply a little copper-containing composition antiprihvatyvayuschego to thread the new spark. Insert a candle into the cylinder head and screw it with your fingers until it stops, then tighten the head using a spark plug wrench. If possible, use a torque wrench tighten the spark to make sure that it is installed correctly. Tightening torque of candles included in the specifications.
To avoid the possibility of screwing the threaded candle is not put on her tail a small piece of rubber hose or plastic tubing. Flexible tube will act as a universal - the universal joint, allowing the alignment relative to the candle candlestick socket, and if the skew starts candle, the hose will slide on it, preventing cross threading.
- Before connecting to the spark of high voltage (IV) wire, carefully inspect it as described in Section Check and replacement candle explosive wires, distributor cap and slider.
- Connect a wire to set a new candle, again using a rotary motion and holding the connector until it is put on a candle to the end.
- Repeat the above procedure for the remaining spark plugs in series in order to avoid incorrect connection of candle wires explosives.