Replacement of the fuel filter
Every two years or every 40,000 kilometers (whichever comes first)
Gasoline is highly flammable in, so when working with any components of the fuel system must take special precautions. Do not smoke and do not go near the place of work with open flames or unprotected moving the shade. Do not perform such work in the garages equipped with heaters powered by natural gas (such as water heater, dryer, and so on. N.). The working area should be well ventilated. If any gasoline spills on your skin, immediately rinse it off with soap and water. When carrying out any work on the fuel system put on goggles and keep a fire extinguisher.
- On models with the fuel injection system, relieve the pressure in the fuel system (see chap. Power supply system and exhaust).
- The fuel filter is located in the engine compartment bulkhead or under the car near the fuel tank.
- On some models, the filter is positioned in such a way that when you disconnect the fuel hose can flow directly to the electrical connectors. Therefore, for safety reasons before starting work, disconnect the negative battery cable.
If your car radio is equipped with theft protection, make sure that you have typed the correct code before disconnecting the battery.
- Place a vessel under the fuel filter or pieces of cloth to collect the spill fuel. If you have a suitable hose clamps, secure their inlet and outlet hoses.
- Disconnect the hose and take the screws / nuts of the bracket, and then remove the filter and, where available, the assembly bracket.
To replace the fuel filter, disconnect hose (A), and then give a nut (B) and remove the filter from the bracket (shown for models with fuel injection).
- Remove the filter from the bracket.
- Install in reverse order. Make sure the filter arrow pointing in the direction of fuel movement.