Checking the exhaust system
Every year or every 20,000 km
Checking should be done with the engine cold, so it's best to do it before the first day of the current trip or not earlier than three hours after the engine is switched off. Check the condition of the entire exhaust system, from the engine to the exhaust outlet. Ideally, this test should be performed at the winch lifted the car when from below to it there is free access. If the hoist is not available, Poddomkratte car and reliably establish it on support.
- Check pipes and pipe fittings for signs of leaks, strong corrosion and damage. Check the condition and mounting of clamps and hangers system.
- Inspect the rubber hangers exhaust system for cracks.
- Simultaneously examine the car bottom on presence of holes, corrosion, dispersed seams and the other defects that allow the penetration of exhaust gases into the interior of the vehicle. Seal all openings suitable sealant.
- The exhaust system, especially its support and suspensions, are often a source of noise and other unpleasant sounds. Shake and; tug pipes, mufflers and catalytic converter (if equipped). If these components are in contact with the elements of a body or suspension bracket details, replace fixture of system of release.
- Inspection of the inner surface of the exhaust pipe to determine the current operating condition of the engine. The composition of the sediments in a pipe speaks about quality motor settings. If the pipe from the inside black and sooty, it may indicate that you need to carefully check the fuel system.