Check of levels of liquids
The following describes how the fluid level check, made every 400 km or every week. For other checks fluid levels can be found below in the section on the specific maintenance procedures. Regardless of the inspection intervals of the schedule does not allow the leaking fluid under the car, such leaks indicate a problem that should be addressed immediately.
Fluids are an integral part of the lubrication system, cooling, brake and windshield washer system. Due to the gradual flow and / or fluid contamination during normal operation of the vehicle, they must be replaced periodically. Check out the types and volumes of used lubricants and fluids in the Specifications, before embarking on topping up in any of these components.
When checking the fluid level every car should stand on a flat surface.
Checking the motor oil is made with the help of the probe, located on the side of the engine. The probe passes through the metal tube down reaching the bottom of the sump.
The measurement of motor oil is made before starting the engine or at least 15 minutes after turning it off.
If you begin to measure the level of motor oil immediately after the engine is switched off, some of the oil will remain in the upper part of the engine, which significantly affect the accuracy of the probe.
- Remove the dipstick and wipe it dry with a clean cloth or a blade with a paper towel. Enter the probe before the end of the back and pull it out again. The height of the oil-wetted area of the blade will match the level of oil in the engine. This level should be in the grooved area on the dipstick (see. Illustration).
| || The oil level should be maintained between the two marks, preferably at or near the top of them - if not, add oil to the upper mark. |
- To raise the level of the oil from the minimum mark on the dipstick up to a maximum of one liter of oil is required. Do not drop below the minimum mark, t. To. The oil starvation can lead to engine damage. On the other hand, the overflow of the engine oil (topping above the maximum mark) can cause lubrication of spark plugs, oil leakage or failure of the seals.
- To add oil, remove the filler cap of the bay, located on the cylinder head cover. After adding oil, wait a few minutes, the oil level has stabilized, then pull out the dipstick and check the level again. If necessary, add more oil. Close the cap and tighten it by hand.
| || Gulf oil filler cap is located in the cylinder head cover - every time before you open it, make sure that the area around the mouth of the net. |
| || Refill motor oil. |
- Checking the oil level is the important preventive procedure. The constant decline in the oil indicates either the presence of its leaks through damaged seals or loose connections, or to burn it (internal leaks through the worn piston rings or the valve guides). Furthermore, it should pay attention to the condition of the oil. If the oil has a milky color or it can be composed to observe a drop of water, which indicates a possible violation of the cylinder head gasket leaks or cracks in the head or the cylinder block. In this case, the engine must be repaired immediately. Every time when measuring the oil level before wiping blade probe share it with thumb and forefinger hands. If this will be found adhering to the probe particles of dirt or metal particles, oil should be replaced (see. Section Replacement of impellent oil and the oil filter).
Do not suppose antifreeze hit on your skin or on the painted surfaces of the car. If this should happen, wash immediately with plenty of water and antifreeze. Antifreeze is highly toxic if ingested. Never leave it unattended in an open container or spilled on the floor; children or animals can get his sweet smell and they can drink it. To negotiate with the local authorities on the disposal of used antifreeze.
All vehicles covered in this manual are equipped with a cooling system with overpressure compensation type. White plastic expansion tank (or tank cooler) is located in the engine compartment and connected by a hose to the radiator. As the heating of the engine during its operation the expanding coolant fills the tank. At cooling of the engine coolant is automatically fed back into the cooling system, which ensures the maintenance of a constant value of its level.
Check the coolant level in the reservoir should be done regularly. Add the 40% / 60% mixture of antifreeze based on ethylene glycol and water.
- Remove the cover and add coolant.
| || Refill the antifreeze mixture. |
Do not remove the filler cap on the expansion tank or radiator cap to check the coolant level before full cooling of the engine! The level in the tank varies depending on the engine temperature. When the engine is cold, the coolant level should be above the mark "LOW" on the tank. As the heat of the engine level should approach the label "FULL". If it is not, allow the engine to cool and then remove the cover from the tank.
- Run the car and again measure the coolant level. If to the necessary level required to add a small amount of coolant, then you can use clean water. Often, however, the addition of water dilute antifreeze. In order to ensure the normal ratio of antifreeze and water are always made up to the desired level of the desired compound.
- If the coolant level falls regularly, the system may leak. Inspect the radiator, hoses, filler cap, drain plug and the water pump (see. Section Drain, rinse and refill the cooling system). If no leaks are found, make a leak check the expansion tank cap and the radiator at the dealership service department NISSAN.
- If you need to remove the cover, wait until the engine has cooled, then wrap a piece of thick cloth around the cap t unscrew it to the first stop. If the cap from the steam starts to escape, or cooler, allow the engine to cool a little, and only then remove the cover.
- You must also check the state of the coolant. It should be relatively clear. If the liquid is brown or rusty color, it must be drained, flush the system and fill it with a new mixture. Even if the cooler looks normally, entering into its structure corrosion inhibitors over time lose their effectiveness, so it should be replaced at regular intervals.
Brake fluid can harm your eyes and damage painted surfaces of the car, so be very careful when handling it. Do not use brake fluid, which was open for a long time, or that more than one year. Brake fluid tends to absorb moisture from the air, which can lead to a dangerous loss of the braking system. Use only the recommended type of brake fluid. Mixing different types of liquid (such as DOT 3 and DOT 4 or 5) can lead to failure of the braking system.
The main cylinder of the brake system is installed in the rear left corner of the engine compartment.
The brake fluid is tested visually by markings on the plastic reservoir mounted on the master cylinder. The fluid level should be between labels "MAX" and "MIN". If the level is below the permissible, first wipe top of the tank and cover with a clean cloth to prevent dirt from entering the system after removing the cover. Top up to the necessary level the recommended liquid, but do not overfill.
| || The brake fluid level must be kept above "MIN" mark on the transparent tank - Remove the lid and add a liquid. |
- While the cap is removed the tank, check the fluid reservoir and the master cylinder for contamination. If it contains rust particles, dirt or water droplets from the fluid system should be drained and pour a new one.
- After topping up the tank to the desired level, make sure that the cap is level to avoid leakage of liquid and / or dirt.
- The fluid level in the master cylinder will fall slightly as a result of wear of the friction brake linings. There is no need to add it as long as the level is near the mark "MIN"; it will rise after replacement of overlays. Very low level may indicate worn brake pads. Check them for wear (see. Section Checking braking system).
- If the brake fluid is constantly falls, immediately check the entire system for leaks. Inspect brake lines, hoses and couplings, with calipers, wheel cylinders and the master cylinder (see. Section Checking braking system).
- When checking the fluid level one or both of the reservoir will be empty or nearly empty, the brake system should be checked for leaks and bled (see chap. The rotation of the wheels).
Windshield Washer Fluid
Liquid for washing the windshield in a plastic container in the engine compartment.
Topping up fluid in the windshield washer reservoir
In areas with a temperate climate system can be charged with ordinary water, but the tank should be filled no more than two-thirds of that was space for expansion of water during freezing. In areas with cold climates, use a special antifreeze for windshield washer system, lowering the freezing point of the liquid, which can be bought in any shop of automobile accessories. Usually it is sold in concentrated or ready-made. If you purchased a concentrated antifreeze, mix it with water according to the manufacturer's instructions on the packaging.
Do not use anti-freeze cooling system - it will damage the painted surfaces of the vehicle.