Check and replacement candle explosive wires, distributor cap and slider
Every year or every 20,000 km
Checking the spark plug wire explosives must be done at the recommended intervals and every time you replace the spark plugs.
- Start this procedure with the visual inspection of wires with the engine running. In a darkened garage (Make sure that the room has good ventilation), start the engine and inspect each wire. Try not to touch the moving parts of the engine. If there is a wire break will spark at the injury site. In this case, replace the wires, and then allow the engine to cool down.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
If your car radio is equipped with theft protection, make sure that you have typed the correct code before disconnecting the battery.
- To avoid confusion during installation testing explosives wires should be done alternately.
- Disconnect BB wire from the spark plug. Do not pull the wire, only a connector.
- Inspect the interior of the connector for corrosion, which has the form of a white fluffy powder. Connect the connector to the spark plug. Connector must be tight network of a candle. If this can not be achieved, again remove the wire with pliers and tweak the position of the terminals inside the connector.
- Clean cloth, wipe the outside of the wire along the entire length, removing them from adhering dirt and grease. After cleaning, check the cord for signs of burnouts, cracks and other damage. Do not bend the wire at an acute angle, ie.. This may lead to oblomu conductor.
- Disconnect the wire from the distributor of explosives. Do not forget to pull the plug only. Check it out for corrosion and connect in the same way as the spark plug wire. If necessary, replace the wire distributor.
- Check other spark plug wires, and after checking, make sure that each of them is firmly attached to the distributor and the spark.
- If the spark plug wires need to be replaced, buy a set of wires specifically designed for your engine. The kit includes wires required length and installed connectors. Remove and replace BB wires one by one, to avoid confusion in the work order of the cylinders when they are installed.
- Loosen the screws and open the clip, then remove the cover of the distributor. Take the screws (if any), and remove the slider from the shaft. Check the distributor cap and the slider for wear, cracks, traces of coal and worn, burnt or loose connections. If defects are found, replace the cover or the slider. Typically, the cover and the runner made to replace each time you replace the spark plug wires. When installing a new cap on one BB disconnect the wires from the old cover and connect them to the new one in exactly the same way - never disconnect the wires at the same time to avoid confusion in the order of cylinders when they are installed.
- Take the distributor so that you can examine it from the inside.
- Remove the slider from the shaft.
The figure shows some of the most common defects of the distributor cap, which should pay attention during the inspection (if there is any doubt about its condition, it is better to replace).