Removal and installation of the front axle assembly
This procedure applies equally to both models 2WD, and 4WD. When working on a model nepolnoprivodnoy lower the extra steps.
- Loosen the nut of the front wheels, Poddomkratte front of the car and establish it on props. Remove the front wheels.
- Otboltite front brake calipers and tie them to the side using a piece of wire - to make sure that the brake hoses are not turned tense (Head Brake system).
- Remove the brake pads, caliper bracket and brake discs (Head Brake system).
- Mark the position of the front propeller shaft relative to the shaft of the pinion gear differential, then disconnect from the propeller shaft of the cross shaft pinion (Section Checking the status of the transmission line). Throw clips of the cross.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar on the brackets on the bridge (Head Suspension and steering).
- Disconnect the tie rod from the steering knuckle arm (Head Suspension and steering). Tie them to the elements of the bottom of the car pieces of wire.
- Otboltite lower ends of the shock absorbers on the bridge.
- Remove the steering damper (Head Suspension and steering).
- Remove the sensor ABS (if equipped) (see chap. Brake System).
- Get a differential hydraulic jack. If possible, use two jacks, one of them put under the right sleeve of the bridge for balancing assembly (4WD). On models 2WD place the jack in the middle of the bridge assembly.
- Otboltite from the bridge upper and lower suspension arms (Head Suspension and steering).
- Slowly lower the assembly on the ground.
Install in reverse order. Lifting bridge in the installation position, take care of the correct landing helical springs. Do not forget to replace the clamps of the cross. Tighten with demanded effort referred to in the Specifications fasteners.