Removal, check of a condition and installation of the clutch release bearing
Dust generated during operation of the clutch and accumulates on the surface of its components can contain unhealthy asbestos. DO not blow off the dust with compressed air and do not inhale it. DO NOT use solvents to remove dust or oil-based gasoline. For washing off dust pan should be used formulations intended for cleaning brakes. After completion of the cleaning and wiping clutch components used drain cleaner and fold dirty rags in a labeled container accordingly.
Assemble the release bearing
- Otboltite slave cylinder from clutch housing (Section Removal and installation of hydraulic components clutch) and remove it from its recess. Attach the wire side of the cylinder, being careful not to bend or otherwise damage the hydraulic line.
Do not remove the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder - the system is not subject to bleeding in the case of getting into the air!
- Remove from the vehicle Manual transmission (Chapter Manual box of a gear change).
- Remove the release lever on the return spring and the axial pin, remove the release bearing from the holder on the input shaft and remove it from the lever.
Checking the Status
- Hold the central part of the bearing, rotate the outside, while creating pressure. If the bearing does not rotate smoothly and with extraneous sounds, replace it. Wipe with a clean cloth bearing and check for signs of wear, cracks and other damage. Do not immerse the bearing in solvent - in this case violated his factory sealed, which can not be restored. Check the bearing for signs of leaks, in the case of such an assembly, replace.
- Check the status of the trip lever and the axial pin. Pin must be tight. Make sure that the lever is not worn or deformed. Examine the lever return spring - if it is bent or damaged, replace.