Removal, check of a condition and installation of components of the clutch
Dust generated during operation of the clutch and accumulates on the surface of its components can contain unhealthy asbestos. DO not blow off the dust with clutch components with compressed air and do not inhale it. DO NOT use solvents to remove dust or oil-based gasoline. For washing off the dust in the prepared container should be used formulations intended for cleaning brakes. After completion of the cleaning and wiping clutch components used drain cleaner and fold dirty rags in a labeled container accordingly.
- To ensure access to the components of the clutch is enough to remove the gearbox (Manual), leaving the engine in the vehicle. If the motor is removed for overhaul, inspection and replacement of worn-out components of the clutch should be carried out without fail. Relatively low cost of components of adhesion compared to the cost of time and effort to ensure access to reasonable work makes replacement of components each time they are removed, unless they are completely new and are in excellent condition. Description of the proposed procedures below are based on the assumption that the motor vehicle is not removed.
- Remove the slave cylinder from clutch housing (Section Removal and installation of components of the hydraulic clutch system).
Do not remove the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder - the system is not subject to bleeding in the case of getting into the air!
- Remove from the vehicle Manual transmission (Chapter Manual box of a gear change). The engine backed leave. Preferably even post it on the winch. If the engine is propped up by a jack, do not forget to lay a load-sharing between the head of a jack and oil pan wooden bar.
Maslozabornik oil pump is located very close to the bottom of the oil pan. If the pan is bent, it may lead to malfunction of the lubrication system.
- To maintain the slave drive during removal to install the hub disc tool for its alignment.
- Carefully check the clutch basket and flywheel on presence of identification tags. Typically this label in the form of letters X or O, or simply strokes applied white paint. If you can not find the tag, put down their own so that during assembly the relative position of the flywheel and baskets turned saved.
- Mark the position of the clutch onto the flywheel (arrow) (in the case of course, if you are not going to change the basket).
- Turn each of the bolts to the flywheel a little basket in one go, to loosen them. Proceed in a diagonal manner, achieving complete removal of the load created by the petals of the diaphragm spring. Then, tightly holding the basket, finally, remove the bolts securing it. Remove the basket and the clutch disc.
Checking the Status
Typically, clutch failures and malfunctions associated with the wear and tear of his slave drive. However, you should check the status of all components in the assembly.
- Inspect the flywheel for cracks, fissures, signs of overheating and other obvious defects. If defects are minor, the surface of the flywheel can be restored by machining that the drafters of this guide is recommended, regardless of the state of the external surface of the flywheel. Procedures for removing and installing the flywheel discussed in Chapter straight six-cylinder engine.
- Check the surface of the flywheel for cracks, signs of overheating (discolored areas with) and other obvious defects; Flywheel machining workshop service centers will help to get rid of all the minor flaws - the surface of the flywheel shown in the picture is in almost perfect condition; However, the drafters of this Guide is recommended for machining the flywheel regardless of its apparent condition.
- Check the condition of the friction linings slave drive. Cover must rise above the heads of rivets at least 1.6 mm. Check the disc for easing of rivets, for deformation, cracks, broken springs, and other damage. As mentioned above, the disc must be replaced if there is any doubt in determining its status.
1 - Friction lining - To be wear during operation of the clutch
2 - Rivets - Used for mounting plates and in contact with the surface of the flywheel or pressure plate can cause damage to their
3 - Tags - ?«FLYWHEEL SIDE?», or something like that
- Check the condition of the treated surfaces of the petals and the diaphragm spring clutch assembly with the pressure plate. If the surface is covered with grooves, or otherwise damaged, replace the assembly. Also check for signs of basket obvious injuries, strains and fractures. Easy polishing pressure plate can be removed using sandpaper. To replace the assembly, use new or factory-reconditioned units.
- If signs of excessive wear, replace the clutch basket with a press disk.
- Check the condition of release bearing (Section Removal, check of a condition and installation of the clutch release bearing).
- Inspect the guide bearing (Section Checking and replacing the guide bearing).
- Before installing, wipe the treated surfaces of the flywheel and clutch soaked in acetone rag. It is important that the surface of the lining or clutch disc did not get oil or grease. Touch the components only with clean hands.
- Attach the clutch disc and clutch basket to a flywheel and press them with a centering tool. Make sure all installation components (most removable disk clutch (slaves) are equipped with markings ?«FLYWHEEL SIDE?» (the side facing the flywheel) or another of the same make sense - if the marking is missing, install the disk damper springs gearbox).
- Before tightening the mounting bolts align the clutch disc clutch basket with a special tool - a centering tool can be purchased in any shop of automobile accessories and its use can significantly reduce the time for centering the clutch and eliminate any doubts in its correctness.
- Moving around the perimeter of the basket by hand tighten bolts of its fastening to the flywheel.
- Having passed through the extender centering tool fitted into the guide slots hub bearing crankshaft, align the clutch disc. For a complete instrument landing pilot bearing shake it up and down or from side to side. To avoid deformation of the basket, working in a diagonal manner and a little of each approach and tighten the bolts to a flywheel the basket with demanded effort. Remove centering tool.
- High-temperature lubricant grease release bearing inner groove (Section Removal, check of a condition and installation of the clutch release bearing). Also lubricate the contact surfaces of the clutch lever and the holder bearing of a primary shaft of a transmission.
- Replace the release bearing (Section Removal, check of a condition and installation of the clutch release bearing).
- Replace the transmission (Chapter Manual box of a gear change).
- Install the slave cylinder (Section Removal and installation of components of the hydraulic clutch system).
- Remove the jacks and lower the car to the ground.
- Perform trial runs, checking serviceability of functioning of the gearbox and clutch.