Replacing the oil seal differential pinion shaft
The result of the entrance of the building gland pinion shaft is the occurrence of leaks lubricant differential and getting it to the holder of the cross or the propeller shaft flange. Replacing the gland is made without removing or disassembling the differential.
- Loosen the nuts of the rear wheels, Poddomkratte car and establish it on props.
- Remove the rear wheels and drum brakes.
- Disconnect the propeller shaft from the shaft of the cross pinion (Section Checking the status of the transmission line).
- Using a torque wrench, slowly rotate the pinion shaft of the differential of his nut, noting the value of the developed torque.
- Mark the position of pinion shaft with respect to the holder of the cross. Grab holder pinion shaft large pincers of divorcement, then Okrut nut torque wrench, remembering the value of giving it to the developed torque.
- Mark the position of pinion shaft of the differential with respect to the holder of the cross.
- Capturing the holder crosses pinion shaft large ticks, using a torque wrench to loosen the nut, writing developed to this end torque.
- Using puller if necessary, remove the holder crosses a pinion shaft.
- Visual inspection of the gland, and carefully pull it out of the differential with a screwdriver or a mount. Try not to damage the pinion shaft splines.
- Grease sponges of a new epiploon with universal greasing or lubricating fluid differential and carefully set it into place in the differential. Planting gland in place is made by means of a special device or a short length of pipe of suitable diameter and a hammer.
- Strip contact with the surface of the oil seal lips spider pinion shaft. Grease with universal greasing the contact surface and the shaft splines, then the hammer with soft brisk plant holder on the shaft, watching the combination of landing labels.
- Grease the threads of the new screws pinion shaft of the differential multi-purpose grease, then hold the flange, tighten the nut completely by the backlash of the pinion shaft.
- To shrink the bearing several times, rotate the holder crosses pinion shaft.
- Using a torque wrench, measure the amount of torque necessary for turning the pinion shaft. The measurement result must be measured before the effort, plus 0.57 N ??? m. If planting tree requires for its efforts rotation less than the required values, gradually begin to tighten the nut, ensuring the required torque. If the maximum torque (56 N ??? m, plus the force of development for the give nuts) rotation of the shaft is achieved sooner than would be developed force required preload on the shaft (effort of a tightening nut), it is necessary to replace the bearing spacer sleeve in the workshop car service.
Do not give the pinion nut to reduce the preload. After setting the value of the pre-load performance of procedures go n.
The front and rear differentials
- Attach the propeller shaft to the holder of the cross shaft pinion (Section Checking the status of the transmission line).
- Refit the brake drums (or discs) and the wheels, lower the car on the earth and tighten wheel nuts with demanded effort (see. Specifications to the Head of Adjustment and routine maintenance).
- Perform the sea trials and make sure there are no signs of leaks in the area of the cross pinion shaft of the differential.