Removing and installing drive shafts
- Disconnect the negative wire from the battery.
- Poddomkratte car and establish it on props. Set the transmission in neutral position when the parking brake is released.
Rear propeller shaft
- In order to maintain the balance of the propeller shaft must be installed in place in the former position. Scriber, white paint or apply a center punch mark relative position of the shaft housing and the holder of its cross pinion shaft of the differential.
- Before removing the bolts and clamps the rear end of the propeller shaft to the rear differential clearly mark the relative position of the two holders of the universal joint cross.
- Remove the bolts and clamps the rear universal joint. To ensure the best access to the marshes turn the shaft properly (or rear wheels).
- To avoid turning the propeller shaft in the loosening flange bolts, insert a screwdriver through the holder crosses, as shown in the picture.
- Attach the cover to the needle bearings spider sticky tape to prevent them falling out during removal.
- Lower the rear part of the propeller shaft and remove the front part of the transmission or the transfer case.
- To prevent fluid loss and contamination of internal components removed the propeller shaft, wrap the crankcase or transmission transfer case with a plastic bag, securing it with a rubber bandage.
Every time you install the propeller shaft to the place you should use new collars holders frogs.
- Remove the plastic bag with the transmission or the transfer case and completely wipe the surface of the latter. Carefully check the condition of the gland. If the packing is worn, replace it (Head Automatic transmission).
- Enter the front of the propeller shaft to the transmission (2WD) or transfer case (4WD).
- Lift the rear of the propeller shaft at the loading position, tracked combination of adjusting labels. If the labels do not match, turn the rear wheels, achieving a combination of labels input flange and propeller shaft.
- Remove the tape securing the bearing cap and install new clamps and bolts. Tighten bolts with demanded effort.
Front propeller shaft (model 4WD)
- With paint, chalk, marker or scriber label the position of the front universal joint (models 1993 and 1994 vol.) And CV-joint (model 1995 Vol. With the driveshaft third type) in relation to the holder of the cross shaft drive gear front differential. Also mark the position of the propeller shaft in relation to the transfer case.
- Before you begin to detach from the holder of the universal joint cross shaft pinion front axle differential on models 1993 and 1994 Vol. mark the position of the joint relative to the holder (as shown in the picture); before disconnecting the CV-joint on the cross of the pinion shaft front differential models 1995 Vol. mark its position relative to the holder (as shown).
- Before disconnecting the universal joint on the connecting flange transfer case make marking their relative position.
- Otboltite front end of the propeller shaft of the cross shaft pinion differential and the rear end - of connecting flange the transfer case (see. and remove the shaft from the vehicle. On models 1993 and 1994 Vol. reduce the risk of lids attach them to the cross piece of duct tape.
- Install in reverse order. If you are changing the propeller shaft third type model 1995 Vol., Do not forget to make the adjustment measure. All fixture tighten with demanded effort.
- Remove the jacks and lower the car to the ground.
- Connect a wire to the negative terminal of the battery
Adjusting the propeller shaft third type (some of the models 1995 issue.)
When installing a new propeller shaft third type before attempting to operate a vehicle is necessary to make its measurement and adjustment.
- Measure the distance from the cover CV-joint to cut its protective cover.
- If you have installed a new propeller shaft third-type model 1995 Vol., The distance must be measured and adjusted before using the vehicle.
This measurement should be performed during the installation of the new propeller shaft and unloaded the car. Compare results of measurements to requirements of Specifications.
- In case of need make adjustment of the propeller shaft by loosening the lock nut and sliding one end of the shaft to the CV-hinge or from, achieving the desired size of the gap between the lid hinge and cut its protective cover. Then tighten the lock nut with demanded effort.