The braking system on the car without ABS
| 1 - pipe line of high pressure braking system; |
2 - the brake pedal;
3 - the master cylinder;
4 - the vacuum brake booster;
5 - front disc brakes;
6 - a support;
| 7 - Rear drum brakes; |
8 - the working brake cylinder;
9 - popolnitelny tank;
10 - hydraulic control unit;
11 - the parking brake cable;
12 - the parking brake lever.
For vehicles used by the service braking system with hydraulic drive.
The system operates as follows:
- The brake pedal is connected to the master cylinder;
- When the pedal is depressed, the pressurized fluid from the master cylinder by the metal tube and the flexible hose is transmitted to the front and rear brakes;
- The wheel cylinders are hydraulic modulators that convert the fluid pressure generated in the master cylinder to the brake moving element;
- Front and rear brake caliper pistons and move due to friction on the brake discs and drums provide the required vehicle deceleration;
- When you release the brake pedal pressure in the system decreases.
Brake pads and the pistons return to a neutral or home position and deceleration stops.
By reducing the brake fluid level sensor liquid level in the master cylinder includes a warning lamp in the instrument cluster. If the warning lamp lights up, first check that the parking brake is released, as the lamp is indicating a reduced level of the liquid and apply the parking brake.