Troubleshooting the electrical system
When a fault in the electrical system is very important to make a systematic search for faults. This applies both to the bulb, and a non-working electric motors.
The first step - it is always check the fuse, if the electric circuit is protected. Fuse is given in the table on the cover of the fuse box. See also Section Replacing fuses.
If necessary, replace the defective fuse, and when electrical consumers check for blown fuse again. In this case, you must first find and fix the problem, as a rule, it is a short circuit. This means that at some point, it may also be inside the device, plus the mass and connected to each other. Step Two: If the lamp is not lit or does not work when the fuse, check the power supply.
- Remove and inspect the lamp. If the filament burns out or is loose glass bulb in the socket, replace the lamp.
- To determine the health of the lamp, proceed as follows: A positive lead and one ground cable connects directly to the battery terminals and connect them with a lamp. It does not matter how the wires are connected to the lamp. If the lamp is not lit, replace the lamp.
Make sure that the contacts on the lamp holder and not corroded. If necessary, clean the contacts with sandpaper.
- If the lamp is working, lamp insert and turn it on. If the lamp is not lit, check the power supply indicator. To apply this voltage to the light weight. This means that one of the indicator cable must be connected to a safe place weight on the motor (bare metal) or directly connected to the pole of battery weight. Another plus-probe indicator, or connect to the plug or cable. If the LED lights up, and the lamp still does not light, the mass of broken supply to the lamp. To check the wire to connect the auxiliary mass to the mass of the lamp socket. The lamp should light up.
There are lamps that have only a conductive wire, for example, parking lamps, interior lighting. These lamps are connected through your body directly to the weight of the car.
- If there is no conductive cable lamp voltage, ie. E. The indicator does not light up, it is very likely that the defective switch. Check the switch on the passage of current.
- More and more comfort functions performed by small electric motors in the car. This applies, for example, windows, manhole, electric central locking system or electric power antenna.
- Each motor is activated, if necessary with the switch, most of the hand. In electric antenna control is automatically radio.
- Check the fuse of the corresponding electric motor and replace if necessary.
Ha electric windows and central locking device before reconnecting necessary to eliminate the cause of the overload. This can be the icing windows or locks, as well as the contamination of the glass run.
- If the new fuse blows at once, so there is a short circuit.
- To determine whether a malfunction in the engine, connected to it two auxiliary cable (2 mm diameter) directly from the battery. The positive cable to the positive pole, the pole of the earth cable to the motor weight. If in doubt, determine the location of the poles of the scheme. To this end, the electric motor must be removed. All motors are powered by the vehicle on-board network (12 - 14). If the motor works now fine, the problem lies in the wiring.
Too slow operation or intermittent operation of the motor may be an indication of wear of carbon brushes. In this case, replace the brush.
- If the engine is running, determine the scheme for some wires it is energized when the switch is turned on or pre-ignition is switched on.
- Check the conductive wire to the electric motor by means of an indicator. Since electric motors high current flows, you can use the old lamp with an incandescent lamp. The indicator has pointed probes that you can plug in the cable. This way you can check the voltage easier. Motors, rotating left or right, for example, window motors have two plus pole.
- If not applied to the motor voltage, so the wiring is faulty. Find and repair scheme. Electric motors due to large current requirements tend to have an additional relay switching. Check see. Chapter Removing and installing wiper motor front.
- If no problem is found, check the circuit breaker.
- If a faulty cable, it is better to build a new, as the place to find a cable break is very difficult.